Make The "Guard Fan Club" Telegram Channel The Official Guard FDN TG

I like this idea for the purpose of wanting to establish accessible lines of communication for people to engage with the Guard FDN. We need to have a viable system for communicating updates and for Guard holders to engage in ongoing conversation.

Whenever a communication channel becomes “official” then it will need to adhere to all of the parameters set out in the Guard FDN Governance document.

I think there is a pull to make things like it was, rather make it what it needs to be.

Telegram comes with risks that need to be considered should it become an official communication channel.

Bots, DMs, Scams abound on Telegram. When we think about the future, new Guard holders will be exposed to all sorts of risk just by being a Guard holder, so I want to be careful about exposing to risk that can be avoided.

I would not be in favor of making any TG channel an official line of communication for the Guard FDN.

Discourse has a chat function, and it has the ability to for any Guard holder to post a topic to be discussed formally and informally.

6 Likes