Registered non-security

Hello - thanks for seeking clarification on this topic.

It does appear that some DAO members are putting in effort to boost the awareness and uniqueness of the Guardian token and the Guard FND.

Hats off to them! GO GO GO!

The information that is public and available about the Guard FND and any applicable legal status is currently located on this Guard FND discourse channel.

Here is the link where folks can read up on the Guard FND and the governance structure: The Guard Foundation Governance Document

Here’s an excerpt from the governance document:

“Guard Foundation, a Cayman Islands foundation company (the “Foundation”) serves the Community (as defined below) by facilitating decentralized and community governance and be governed by its Memorandum and Articles of Association (as amended from time to time) and Bylaws (as amended from time to time).”

So the facts are that the Guard FND is a registered legal entity in the Cayman Islands and has been determined via legal opinion to be a sufficiently decentralized.

I’m not aware of a running list of other projects and their legal status or registration status. So I can’t point you to a resource for that purpose.

What I can say is that process to achieve this status was/is not easy and that alone will prevent the vast majority of projects from ever achieving these types of accomplishments.

4 Likes