Status update request for GFP 3 (Voting with LP Tokens)

Can the SC please provide an update to:

The approved proposal says it will take 3-5 days to implement. The last update from the SC was Feb 27th (ish). which is ~60 days ago

Thanks,
Jason

3 Likes

Thanks for taking the time to write these questions and comments, Jason. I would also like to hear if there is a status update on this GFP. Thanks.

1 Like

Hello - The dev work for this GFP has been submitted to the assigned development team. That’s the all the info I could find on the status of this GFP.

1 Like
  1. So who on the SC is responsible for following up with the “assigned dev team”?

2. Who ensures the approved proposal gets executed?

3. I assume the assigned dev team is Wizard / Knightswap. Correct?

4. Is Wizard doxed to the SC or do we only know him by a pseudonym?

5. When (what date) was the task assigned to the dev team?

Thanks

1 Like
  1. I think Gregg and Dwayne manage the proposals.

2. Managers + special counsel

3. That is correct

4. Wiz remains anon to the SC

5. Feb 19, 2024

1 Like

Thanks for the reply NickDoc.

1. Cool. Is that published anywhere? For example the current SC members…what are their roles/functions (areas of responsiblity) within the SC…

According to the DAO Handbook, the SC isn’t just a group of people sitting around and randomly meeting for the sake of meeting and calling the group the SC…

(I don’t think you think that…I’m just point out the obvious for those that may not be up to speed)

1. By Manager…do you mean Webslinger, the Foundation’s Administrator? (I don’t see a reference to “Manager” in teh handbook but perhaps I’m missing it…if Administrator and Manager are different, please reference so I can review.)

Follow up Question: Given the Special Council is responsible for “oversight of the Foundation Administrators” can the SC please provide a detailed update from Webslinger regarding GFP 3, including why it was/is delayed as well as the lack of communication from the Administrators to the SC and/or the DAO (community members).

1. Follow up question on point 4. Is Wiz doxxed to the Administrators (Webslinger)? If not, Why not? (as the Administrator / Foundation is the “steward of the Guardian Token” I assume under the definition of being a steward, knowing the actual real people behind whom the Foundation is paying to execute and perform work would be, well good (and basic) stewardship.

I make the above requests based upon my knowledge and understanding of the DAO Handbook specifically point 7 Guard FDN DAO Handbook

1 Like

I don’t believe the SC roles are published anywhere.

Yes I meant Webslinger when I said manager.

I am not at able to provide an update regarding or on behalf of Webslinger at this time.

I do believe that Wiz is doxxed to the Guard FDN administrators. I can double check.

2 Likes

Are you not able to provide the update re: Webslinger (and the outstanding proposal implementation) because you don’t know?

Or you know but are:

A. Unwilling to say
B. Not permitted to say

If you don’t know, who on the SC knows? (And can they please chime in here and provide an update)

Thanks NickDoc!

1 Like

Unfortunately I don’t have enough information to provide a meaningful update here. I doubt any of the other SC members have more or different information but I can’t be 100% sure about that either.

1 Like

So as an SC…you all do not know why Webslinger has not implemented an approved proposal?

For clarity draw the SC’s attention to: Status update request for GFP 3 (Voting with LP Tokens) - #8 by RealJasonAnsley

@gregory and @Staywolfish can we please have an update as to why this is taking longer than 3-5 days for the dev team to implement?

According to NickDoc the project was assigned to Wiz dev team on Feb 19th

Also can you confirm if Wiz is doxed to Webslinger, the current administrators?

1 Like

Bumping because I’ve been following and am also curious.

1 Like

The SC is not a position to speak on behalf of Webslinger. When a meaningful update is available, the communication will be posted.

I apologize for the frustration.

While the SC may not be able/willing to speak on behalf of Webslinger…

A. According to prior communication in this thread, @gregory and @Staywolfish oversee the proposals…so they should know

B. The SC liaison with Webslinger on behalf of the DAO and therefore should have an answer after the many months of waiting for this proposal

C. The SC could also try and reach out to Wiz directly since I know at least one of the SC members has had convos with Wiz in another project (so the relationship and ability to contact is present)

D. Beyond “liaison”, the SC in fact “oversees” the Administrators per the handbook.
So why is the SC not supplying the DAO with the answers they obtain from Webslinger?!

1 Like

This is simply an unacceptable answer. The DAO members are requesting an update on where our approved proposal has gotten held up so that we can know what actions need to be taken in order to keep this from happening again.

Will tag all members with the “Inaugural Special Council” group tag @1st-Counsel
@gregory @J.BaseCaseNBuild-SC @MamaWolf @matty_dubs @NickDoc @SeanK @Staywolfish @guardfdn

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your ongoing engagement and patience. We want to address the delays in responding to and processing proposals that many of you have brought to our attention. It’s important to remember that any pioneering endeavor, especially one as innovative as our DAO, is bound to encounter some hiccups along the way. These challenges are a natural part of growing and strengthening our foundation, and we are committed to navigating them with transparency and diligence.

Currently, the Special Council is dealing with some complex legal and operational issues that have temporarily paused our usual governance processes. While we cannot provide specific details due to the sensitive nature of these matters, please know that we are actively seeking solutions that adhere to the highest standards of legality and integrity.

We are determined to continue building and improving, despite these obstacles, and we encourage each of you to do the same. Your active participation, robust discussions, and efforts to promote the Guard Foundation are crucial to our collective success. These activities not only help maintain our momentum but also ensure that our community remains vibrant and influential.

To keep you all informed and involved, we will provide updates as it becomes available, sharing our progress and any significant developments. We value your contributions and look forward to overcoming these challenges together.

Thank you for your understanding and your proactive role in shaping the future of the Guard Foundation.

Warm regards,
The Special Council of the Guard Foundation

9 Likes